November 16, 2021 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Webinar – 2 Units of Continuing Education
About the Course: “Saving Teeth Through Endodontic Therapy—What are the Outcomes and What is the Evidence?”
The decision as to whether to incorporate an endodontically treated tooth in a periodontal/restorative treatment plan is often difficult. The availability of other successful treatment alternatives (dental implants) further complicates the issue. Yet, the retention of the natural dentition has many benefits for the patient. Endodontic success rates are high given new technologies and treatment modalities but is undeniably tied to restorative, periodontal, and other factors affecting the overall prognosis of the tooth. This lecture will focus on the evidence that endodontic therapy (initial therapy, retreatment, and surgical procedures) is still a viable and successful alternative in saving teeth which can be strategically used in restorative treatment plan. The prognosis for endodontically treated teeth will be considered.
- Learn the success rates of the various endodontic modalities.
- Learn the application and viability of applying these modalities clinically.
- Learn guidelines as to when and when not to rely on endodontically treated teeth based on their strategic value in the treatment plan and their prognosis.
About the Speaker: Dr. Stefan Zweig, DDS, FACD, graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1982 with a B.S. in Biochemistry. He received his dental degree from the University of Southern California School of Dentistry in 1986 and his Certificate in Endodontics from USC in 1992. Dr. Zweig maintained a faculty position at USC from 1992 until 1998 in the Department of Endodontics during which time he served as Associate Clinical Professor and the Assistant Director of Graduate Endodontics. Dr. Zweig is a Past President of the Southern California Academy of Endodontists and of the California Association of Endodontists. He has served on numerous AAE committees, and has been the Chairman of the Membership Services Committee, the Budget and Finance Committee, and the Special Committees to Form and Maintain the AAE Online Community (AAE Connection). He has served as a member of the Board of Directors, the Treasurer, Secretary, and Vice-President of the American Association of Endodontists, and currently as its President-Elect. Following a thirty-year career as a private endodontic practitioner, Dr. Zweig currently serves on the faculty of the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC as an Associate Professor of Clinical Dentistry in the Division of Endodontics and Orthodontics. He is a Fellow of the American College of Dentists.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your ZOOM Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. You must remain logged on for the entire webinar. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.