September 21, 2021 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Webinar – 2 Units of Continuing Education
About the Course: Sinus Evolution
No, not the evolution of the paranasal sinuses’ anatomy through the ages, but selfishly my own
personal procedural evolution: A result of many years
of clinical research, failures, complications, revelations and rewards.
If one is going to spend a great deal of time accessing, preserving and elevating the Schneiderian membrane, then you must enter the fray with a strong working knowledge of sinus anatomy/physiology and a deep appreciation of the importance existing sub antral bone volume, sinus topography, as well as the fortuity of sinus compliance (the intrinsic potential of the sinus membrane to resume its homeostatic status after the surgical trauma caused by sinus floor elevation - SFE).
The goal here: Manage sinus proximity using the least invasive yet predictable approach.
The result: An improved clinical experience for both doctor and patient.
- Get the most out of the preoperative CBCT and patient history.
- Lateral vs. Transalveolar: when and why.
- Critical review of the myriad of transalveolar lifting techniques.
- Osseodensification: how to use it most effectively in the posterior maxilla.
- Learn how to customize your sinus lifts.
About the Speaker: Dr. Michael Toffler attended New York University College of Dentistry and earned his specialty certificate in Periodontology from the Veterans Administration Medical Center in West Los Angeles. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and served as a Staff Periodontist at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in New York City from 1991 to 2007. Dr. Toffler is well published and has written book chapters on sinus and implant surgery. He has also designed and patented instruments for implant/sinus surgery. He is currently in private practice limited to Periodontics and Dental Implantology in New York City.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your ZOOM Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. You must remain logged on for the entire webinar. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.