June 22, 2021 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Webinar – 2 Units of Continuing Education
About the Course: Oral Pathology
As we progressed through dental school all of us had to take several courses in oral pathology and most of us really did not care that much about it. It’s hard, it made little sense to most of us, and it is one of those things that we have to do to get out of dental school. But oral pathology is real, albeit rare in our patients. This lecture will present an overview of the career of an oral maxillofacial surgeon and his exposure to and management of different pathologic lesions. While it is unlikely that most of you will be managing these patients, it is not impossible that you had or will have patients with lesions that we will discuss. Best of all there will be no final exam.
- To review and describe a variety of pathologic lesions in adults and children.
- To identify epidemiologic characterizes of the lesions.
- To discuss treatment modalities for the lesions depending on their aggressiveness.
About the Speaker: Alan L. Felsenfeld, MA, DDS, Professor Emeritus Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, UCLA School of Dentistry
Dr. Felsenfeld completed his dental education at the UCLA School of Dentistry and received his certificate in oral and maxillofacial surgery from Cook County Hospital in Chicago. He had a private practice in the East San Gabriel Valley for approximately 18 years prior to being invited to be full-time at the UCLA School of Dentistry. His focus while in full-time academics was in the training of residents to become oral and maxillofacial surgeons and treating complex patients referred to the medical center from the community.
He has a distinguished career in the political aspect of dentistry having served on the boards and president of many component, state, regional and national levels in dentistry and oral and maxillofacial surgery. His career at the component level includes serving as the president of the San Gabriel Valley Dental Society. For the California Dental Association, he was on the Board of Trustees for 17 years including four as the editor of the CDA Journal and six as the Speaker of the House of Delegates. Presently he is a commissioner on the National Commission for the Recognition of Dental Specialties and Certifying Boards at the ADA and a member of the Dental Board of California.
Dr. Felsenfeld has numerous publications and has given more than 150 presentations locally, nationally and internationally.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your ZOOM Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. You must remain logged on for the entire webinar. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.