April 20, 2021
6:30 to 8:30 pm
2 Units of Continuing Education
About the Program
While air polishing devices have been around for 3 decades, their use was generally restricted to supragingival stain removal. Like ultrasonics with micro tips, their use with finer size powder particles is evolving into the next treatment modality for preventative and periodontal therapy. What do you need to know about this latest technological application? How can you incorporate it into your clinical routine?
While micro ultrasonics are now considered standard of care in periodontal therapy, what else are you using them for? Is there really a difference between piezoelectric technology and magnetostrictive units? Is there any superior way to adapt ultrasonic instruments to the type of patient in your chair?
Power instruments create aerosols, do you know what can be done to mitigate them in terms of patient and operator safety?
Participants will learn (objectives of the course):
- Biofilm’s role in inflammatory disease/problems of inadequate removal
- Air polishing sub-gingival using glycine/erythritol powders
- Power implant maintenance protocols
- Contrasts in piezoelectric/magnetostrictive technologies
- Protocols of Guided Biofilm Therapy
- Aerosol control in the Covid-19 era
About the Speaker:
Nancy Miller is a practicing Dental Hygienist with over 40 years of clinical experience, 15 in periodontal practice. She currently practices 2 days weekly with a general dentist in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
In 1992 Nancy began her own consulting and lecture business, ultraconcepts. She presents lectures and hands-on courses on topics such as ultrasonic instrumentation, air polishing for biofilm removal, ergonomics, assisted hygiene, and the business side of dental hygiene. She also contracts to do onsite clinical coaching in your own practice setting.
She is also a Dental Practice Management Coach with Jameson Management since 1998. She specializes in clinical department coordination with the business team and corporate relationships.
A former Oral B Advisory Board member, she was one of MODERN DENTAL NETWORK’S 25 Top Women in Dentistry for 2016. She is also a Key Opinion Leader
and product evaluator for several manufacturers including Hu-Friedy Group, Crown Seating, Surgitel, and Orascoptic.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your ZOOM Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. You must remain logged on for the entire webinar. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.