March 16, 2021
6:30 to 8:30 pm
2 Units of Continuing Education
About the Program
Cone Beam CT imaging has transformed the way we visualize the maxillofacial complex and assess dental disease. During this presentation, the principles of CBCT technology and methods to achieve maximally diagnostic imaging will be discussed. In addition, applications of CBCT in dental practice will be presented.
- To review the basic principles of radiographic interpretation.
- To present selection criteria for use of CBCT in dental practice.
- To develop a disciplined and methodical approach towards interpretation of CBCT scans.
- To critically interrogate CBCT images to reach a comprehensive and thoroughradiographic Differential Diagnosis.
About the Speaker: Sotirios Tetradis, DDS, PhD, Professor and Senior Associate Dean, UCLA School of Dentistry
Dr. Tetradis received his DDS from the University of Athens, Greece and a certificate in OMF Radiology and a PhD in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Connecticut Health Center. He has been on the faculty at the UCLA School of Dentistry for the past 23 years and currently he is a professor and serves as the advisor to the DDS/PhD combined degree program and as Senior Associate Dean of the School.
Dr. Tetradis is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist and his practice focuses in this specialty. He serves as an expert witness in medico-legal cases and provides Oral Radiology expertise in the peer-review process of CDA.
He leads an active research group that investigates the effects of growth factors, hormones and cytokines on the function of bone cells, as well as the cellular and molecular mechanisms of medication related osteonecrosis of the jaw (MRONJ). Dr. Tetradis research has been funded without interruption for the past 23 years by NIH, as well as by other extramural and intramural sources.
Dr. Tetradis has published over 130 peer-reviewed articles, he is active in several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology, the American Association for Dental Research and the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research and serves as a reviewer or member of the editorial board in several clinical and scientific journals.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your ZOOM Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. You must remain logged on for the entire webinar. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.