Finding continuing education opportunities couldn't be easier. In addition to regular courses held by LADS, CDA, and ADA have many live and online options as well.
• CDA Presents
• ADA Annual Meeting
• CDA Online Education
• ADA Continuing Education Online
• Other Dental Society Continuing Education Courses
• Study Clubs –
Bring your complex or interesting cases to a local study club to discuss with peers. Hands-on learning opportunities are also occasionally made available. Three clubs are available for your convenince.
Improve your management skills and gain a better understanding of the business side of dentistry. Dental teams are encouraged to attend with member doctors.
Do you have an unlicensed dental assistant in your office administering x-rays? Was your dental assistant hired after 2010? Then your dental assistant may be required to complete the Dental Board of California mandated 8-Hour Infection Control Certification or Radiation Safety Certification.
• Radiation Safety
• 8 Hour Infection Control
• LADS Member Support (phone, email, live chat)
• CDA Practice Support
• ADA Center for Professional Success
• CDA Practice Advising- Affordable in-office practice consulting
• Peer Review System- Free mediation option for doctor/patient disputes
Looking to meet others like you? LADS has several social events throughout the year that will introduce you to other member doctors or members of neighboring dental societies.
• LADS After Dark
Some days, you just need to unwind with friends and a drink. Check the calendar for dates and locations of these happy-hour style mixers. One in your neighborhood may be coming up soon!
• Dinner With 10 Docs
Mixers have their place in networking but for those interested in getting to know other members a little more, Dinner With 10 Docs was designed for you. Join a small group of dentists for an intimate dinner hosted at a LADS members’ home or a local restaurant. Dates and locations vary throughout the year, so check the calendar for new dates.
• Multi-Society Events
LADS occasionally works with neighboring dental societies to provide more education and service opportunities to its members. LADS members are often provided special rates during these collaborations and networking opportunities outside of LADS. Multi-society events can be found in the LADS calendar.
• Snack and Shred- LADS members can safely and securely dispose of unnecessary patient records and documents at our shredding event. Free to LADS members, simply bring your boxes of archived documents and drop them off at the event location for shredding. E-waste recycling is also available.
• Career Assistance - Recent graduates and new dentists sometimes need a little boost as they embark on their dental profession. LADS can help jumpstart your career with some free services.
• Mentorship Program
• Customized Resume Consultation- One-on-one resume consultation from LADS staff and/or dental recruiters
• Interview practice- Job opportunities for associates, hygienists and dental assistants
• Patient Referrals
• Career Resources- Career development articles and referrals to additional employment opportunities
New ADA Advertising Campaign Brings More Patients to You
The ADA is launching a new advertising campaign to bring more patients to your practice. In this 3-year campaign, the ADA will be investing $6 million annually on search and digital advertising to direct consumers to make an appointment with an ADA dentist. As part of this campaign, an enhanced ADA® Find-a-Dentist™ tool will launch in April with new search fields and a consumer-friendly interface to make it easier for patients to find you to book an appointment.