Being a dentist is so much more than just “fixing teeth.” You are maintaining the oral and overall health of patients, young and old. You are managing a sometimes hectic business. And you need to continue educating yourself on constantly changing laws, dental technology, and clinical techniques. It’s a lot for any one person to handle…but you aren’t alone!
Being a member of the Los Angeles Dental Society (LADS) means you are also a member of the California Dental Association and the American Dental Association. With the backing of your national, state and local organizations, you have access to everything you need to make your practice as successful as you want it to be.
• LADS Calendar of CEs and PMs
• CDA Presents
• ADA Annual Meeting
• Online Education ADA CDA
• Study Clubs – Peer to peer case study and hands-on learning opportunities
• LADS Member Support (phone, email, live chat)
• CDA Practice Support
• ADA Center for Professional Success
• CDA Practice Advising- Affordable in-office practice consulting
• Peer Review System- Free mediation option for doctor/patient disputes
• Dental Assistant Certifications- Low-cost mandated certification for your dental assistants
• Snack&Shred- Free document shredding and e-waste recycling
• LADS After Dark- Happy hour-style mixers
• Dinner with 10 Docs- Small, intimate dinners hosted at members' homes
• Multi-Society Events- Collaborative events involving neighboring ethnic dental societies
• Mentorship Program- A matching of experienced dentists with new dentists to provide professional guidance and a real-world perspective not taught in schools
• Customized Resume Consultation- One-on-one resume consultation from LADS staff and/or dental recruiters
• Interview Practice- Mock interviews with LADS members
• Employment Database- Job opportunities for associates, hygienists and dental assistants
• Career Resources- Career development articles and referrals to additional employment opportunities
• Explorer- LADS print publication
•LADS monthly e-newsletter
• CDA Journal
• CDA Update
• ADA News
• ADA Morning Huddle- Daily dose of dental news throughout the country
• TDIC- Workplace insruance especially created to protect dentists
• Endorsed Suppliers- From medical linens to credit card services, LADS, CDA, and ADA can recommend solutions for all your practice needs, many with member-only special rates
• National– As American’s leading oral health advocate, ADA lobbies Congress and the Administration in Washington, DC, fighting for policies that matter to dentists and the patients they serve.
• State– CDA ensures that California dentists’ voices are heard, protecting against legislation that will negatively impact the profession and advocating for policies that will improve the overall oral health of Californians.
New ADA Advertising Campaign Brings More Patients to You
The ADA is launching a new advertising campaign to bring more patients to your practice. In this 3-year campaign, the ADA will be investing $6 million annually on search and digital advertising to direct consumers to make an appointment with an ADA dentist. As part of this campaign, an enhanced ADA® Find-a-Dentist™ tool will launch in April with new search fields and a consumer-friendly interface to make it easier for patients to find you to book an appointment.